My first short row heel was a success!
My Diagonal Fixation sock #1 is progressing well.
At this point, I can’t say which heel I prefer. I have done four "eye of partridge" heel flaps, and I did like those. The short row heel formed quickly following the directions in the Diagonal Fixation pattern.
The lighting, angle, and the texture of the Cascade Fixation yarn prevent one from seeing the real details of the short row heel (and the cuff’s diagonal stitching) in this shot. A finished sock will be a better representation–maybe this weekend.
**What is your heel of choice? Do you have any tips for short row heels or heel flaps that can help other Socktoberists and sock knitters in general? Is there a book or online tutorial that you found helpful?
- Allison finished a bright and colorful pair of socks yesterday and started a new pair today!
- Diane made some pretty in pink socks for her first Socktober pair.
- Amylovie finished some very handsome socks for her husband!
- Rachel shows off her lovely finished socks, and her nearly finished socks in her post.
- Miriam made some great anklets with KnitPicks yarn.
- Mel finished a pair of gift socks, and then started on a pair of Koigu socks for herself.
- Kathy finished her first socks ever and compiled a list of things she has learned about sock knitting.
…and in one week’s time… I will be here!
Don’t worry, Socktoberfest will continue to go strong–even if I have to update from the beach!