I may be behind, but I saw this meme making the rounds again (thanks to Andrea and Parikha) and remembered that I answered a similar one a few years ago… but, it kind of looked like fun, and since the answers are different this time, why not answer it myself.
1. What was I doing 10 years ago?
I was 17 and had just finished my junior year of high school. My family moved to Maryland from New Mexico in January of 1998, and while the transition was not too difficult, there were new things to get used to… like this cute boy in my American History class… and well, you may remember that story. The summer of ’98 was low-key. I got a summer job doing HTML at a tech company, and we visited my family in Alabama. It was the last time we got to see my grandmother in a healthy state, as she got sick and passed away in 1999.
2) What are 5 things on my to-do list for today the weekend?
- Company picnic at a nearby park today - so, my plan? eat a little ice cream and play bingo.
- Sleep in tomorrow morning - till at least 7:00am.
- Work on my projects: I have several knits near completion, and a new warp on the loom.
- Brunch with dear Bec, recipient of the afghan that I recently started working on again.
- More reading and (listening to) books – really enjoying this book and this audiobook right now.
3) Snacks I enjoy:
fresh fruits, ice cream, and yogurt
4) Things I would do if I were a billionaire:
- Fiber/reading/yoga/writing/photography FULL time
- Pay off the house
- Give money to the family
- Help fund research and development for sustainable alternative energies (this would enable me to travel everywhere without having “greenie guilt“)
- Donate to an array of respectable organizations
5) Places I have lived:
I was born in Morristown, Tennessee. We moved to Houston, Texas when I was very young, and my middle sister was born there. I do have some vague memories of this time. We then moved to Jackson, Mississippi for a short time before going to Phoenix, Arizona. We moved to Worland, Wyoming where I started school. My youngest sister was born there. Then, we moved to Hedgesville, West Virginia where we stayed for three years before moving to Roswell, New Mexico. I spent most of my “definitive” years of childhood in Roswell, so when asked where I grew up, I say New Mexico. When I was 17, we moved to Crofton, Maryland. For college, I lived in Baltimore, Maryland, and now Kris and I live in Columbia, Maryland. I have lived in Maryland longer than any other place. There are times I want to leave the hustle and bustle of the DC-area, but there are also some amazing things to do and see here – plus our jobs! – so we enjoy it overall.
6) Jobs I have had:
Graduate Student (TA)
Photos above: 1) a very unique succulent plant in my small dish garden 2) fresh strawberries and peaches from the farmers’ market, now frozen for treats all year long 3) a sneak peek at Tess Designer Yarns new sock line – Twinkle Toes (silk, nylon, merino) and Baby Bunny (merino/angora/nylon)… perfect for the water element of Project Spectrum, no?