Even when things don’t go as planned – like doing the decreases incorrectly for over 4 inches! – and a looming self-imposed deadline of 12/31… PERSERVERE!
Perhaps I was too focused on the ultimate goal of just getting this sweater finished that I misread the instructions… My raglan decreases in Kris’s Olympic sweater were just not cutting it, and my stitch count was off. While I think Kris could totally rock the off-the-shoulder pullover look, it may not be most fashion forward item for the workplace… and I want to have a great finished product that shows all the work that went in to it.
This is my “before the rip” photo – my stitch count was 50 or so stitches off, and there is no way to fix that… so on Christmas day, at my parents’ house, I just bit the bullet and did it. On the photo above, you can see: I ripped back to the purl ridge rows right above the main snowflake motif.
Luckily, I had some good time to fix my mistakes and catch up. So, I spent the 27th and 28th catching up, and even surpassing. Now, I started the neckline decreases, and I am only a few rows away from the turtleneck. Wow, it feels good to be so close! I really think it may happen before the new year rolls in! *Fingers crossed*